A.J.Rao's Photoideas

A poet's approach to photography

Saturday, November 06, 2004

In the above photograph a 5-year old unnamed girl stares through another time , another space . The viewer's own recall of an early 1940's life will be an aid towards penetrating the different level of consciousness that one would perceive in the picture.

A comparatively easier understanding is through a piece of poetry. Here is a poem written by me about my dead father whom I have never seen while alive and have always dreamed about in all my life:

Reverse View

Up there a pair of keen eyes
An involuntary twitch of beauty
A taut screwing of eyeballs
Consciousness flowed this way
A white kurta, a speck of black hair
From behind the parapet wall
He sees me whole,flooding my being
My diagonal view is a rebounce
Consciousness reverse-flows
Reinforced by the fluid present
In horizontal ether-filled space
He happened half a century ago
While I exist ,here, in finite space.



Here I have looked at a different level of consciousness in time as a balcony where my father stood sending down some sort of waves to me who is standing in a different plane in time.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home