A.J.Rao's Photoideas

A poet's approach to photography

Saturday, November 06, 2004

The firangipani flowers

I have made a mental note to take a shot of this beautiful tree with fragrant flowers . This has stirred up my own memories of the trees in the temple compound with such beautiful flowers that I had invariably collected a few wilted flowers lying on the ground and carried them everywhere. We folded the petals and pierced each of the petals with the stem neatly to make a smaller flower .

My poem goes thus:

The firangipani flowers


The firangipani tree bloomed
In my village temple compound
And where it hurt it bled milk
Just like it had done in my childhood.
I smelt God through the peephole
Of a child’s memory enclosed
By the fragrance of the firangipani .

Here is a picture of the beautiful flowers I have recently taken in Hyderabad.(see above )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home